Introduction to Heartpace OKR Software
16 May, 2019
Introduction to Heartpace OKR Software
This article is part of a series where we have been discussing in length OKRs (objectives and key results), a goal system used by Google. So far in this series, we have discussed:
- The history of OKRs
- 8 reasons why you should adopt OKRs
- How to define your objectives in OKRs
- How to define your key results in OKRs
- How to Define Initiatives in OKRs
- How to be Realistic in Grading Yourself with OKRs
- Examples of OKRs
- 10 Tips for Making an OKR Template
In one of the last articles of this series, we are going to talk about why OKR software is important and why it might be the best option for you. We’re also going to cover the Heartpace OKR planning tool, highlighting its important features so you can understand everything Heartpace can do for you.
Continue reading to learn how OKR software can help improve processes in your company.
Why Having an OKR Software is Important
OKRs as a goal-setting strategy has caught fire with many forward-thinking companies. Just read John Doerr’s Measure What Matters and you will quickly understand why so many places like Google, Intel, Accenture, Baidu, Amazon and more have implemented OKRs in their company as a way of making genuine progress with their goals.
Because OKRs are so crucial to an organisation’s success, many companies have adopted cloud-based OKR software platforms. While using OKR software, as opposed to a simple spreadsheet, will be a harder learning curve at first, it is well worth it. Here are the reasons why and OKR tool is a good option:
- High visibility into OKRs across the entire organisation.
- Collaboration features for cross-departmental teamwork.
- Better goal alignment with everyone knowing their own individual objectives.
- Gives teams the ability to hone their focus on their goals, rather than getting lost in a mess of constantly changing priorities.
- Supports the idea behind OKRs being a vehicle for teams to constantly challenge themselves. It better facilitates growth than more traditional methods.
- A safe and sound storage place away from competitors and in compliance with GDPR.
OKR planning tools will put you exactly where you want to be with your OKRs; they are designed to help you reach your goals more quickly and easily with complete transparency.
With software, you’re saved from having to do a lot of “homework” like calculating scores, making constant manual updates, or having to put a last-minute visualization together to show progress. It’s all done for you, leaving the stakeholders of your organisation with more time to actually work on achieving goals.
Heartpace Software Features
At Heartpace, we’ve worked with trusted clients to create a robust OKR management system aimed at solving the issue of scalable OKR software. OKRs are known for being frequently used by startups, but they’re also prevalent in large companies like LinkedIn and Twitter, However, there hasn’t historically been an OKR-specific software that could scale for larger organisations.
Our OKR module lets you see the big picture all the way down to the minute details—offering seamless collaboration within your company whether large or small. Also, the module comes in a series of other tools for Performance Management that can help you grow your business.
As an overview, our product helps specifically with employee performance management, payment analysis, alignment within the organisation, and now, an OKRs planning tool.
The OKRs module offered by Heartpace also comes with the Alignment module and offers intuitive features such as:
- The ability to define “objectives” across the organisation with targeted and measurable “key results”.
- A continuous framework that helps employees work together more efficiently and focus on their efforts to make valuable contributions.
- Opportunities to set OKRs at company, departmental, and individual levels.
- 360° visibility into OKRs at all levels to encourage collaboration and company alignment.
- Functionality to tailor OKRs to your specific needs, for example, if you want to name it a “goal” rather than an “objective” because that is the language used in your company.
- An added option of being able to line up individual and team OKRs up with overarching strategies and visions of the company.
How to Get Started
Before starting with OKRs, it’s important to ask: Are the overarching company goals and vision for our future clearly defined? If the answer is no, there is no better time than now to start setting concrete goals for your organization and getting the rest of the company from the top down aligned with those initiatives.
Start with a few objectives and pinpoint at least three measurable key results that go with each—this is where you begin to create a strategy. Allow different departments to set their own OKRs with the goal being that those OKRs are supporting the larger OKRs of the company; the same goes for the individual employee level.
Having this basic information ready is what you will need to proceed forward with adopting OKR software to further track and optimize those OKRs and also improve goal-setting in the future.
We sincerely hope this series on OKRs has given you all of the information to trek onward successfully and gives you the right knowledge to start implementing more efficient processes into your organization!
Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) system
Turn great strategies into acheved results. Have one place to set and manage goals for the company, team, departments or individuals. Everyone will know where they are going and what the top priorities are.
Explore More Posts
Heartpace acquires People Analytics
19 Oct, 2021
HR-tech companies join forces to shift the pace of developing tomorrow's HR system